Charity Day committee meeting #2

We have now had our second meeting, please see notes below.

Car Parking

Darren has spoken to the farmer and has arranged usage of the field opposite which will hold approximately 500 vehicles. He is also working out the number of volunteers needed for the day.

Coordinator

Darren Littlejohns
07863 820467
darren138@live.co.uk

Football Match Day

Simon will be speaking to the managers at the next committee meeting and obtaining a list of opposition and their contact details, which will allow him to plan a running order for the day. Simon will also discuss the £15 sponsorship per player at the committee meeting again.

Coordinator

Simon Partridge
07788 656430
sym30@hotmail.co.uk

Health & Safety/ Public Liability

In hand and ongoing. Once everything has been confirmed we will need to complete a risk assessment. Tedburn then need to risk assess our assessment, as it is their land. Both of these will include confirmation that the relevant insurance is in place.

Coordinator

Duncan Worthington (Club Committee) and Tedburn FC
07850 605763
Duncan.worthington@flybe.com

World Record

Matt has looked at various suggestions and we have settled on consecutive penalty taking over the 12 hours. He will now send in the relevant paperwork and application.

Coordinator

Mat Morgan
07817 909634
matgmorgan@gmail.com

Hot Food

Sean has volunteers sorted for the day. Some suppliers have been contacted, including butchers and Sainsburys, who have assured some kind of assistance; however more are needed. The Kings in Cowick Street have donated their 4-burner BBQ, and with 3 other gas BBQs we will not need to hire any equipment for the day – except gas which needs to be sourced.

Coordinator

Sean Partridge
07816 924571
sjpartridge@hotmail.co.uk

Cold Catering (sweets, cakes, etc.)

Volunteers all sorted for the day. There have been lots of volunteers offering to donate cakes for the stall. Sweets, drinks and snacks still need to be sourced. A suggestion was made that we all should contact our local corner shops for donations and offer match ball sponsorship in return.

Coordinators

Marilyn Wood
07570 805796
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Becky Endicott
07782 194327
rendicottb@aol.com

Games Coordinator

All going well. Games have been decided. We are going to have “cross bar challenge”, “wet sponge the coach”, a “penalty shoot-out target board”, and a “golf football challenge” – this will be located on pitch 2 by the bank, to stop stray balls. Prizes and prices for these need to be decided.

Coordinator

George Ewart
07809 560631
sharonewart@virgin.net

Bouncy Castle & Sumo

We have had a bouncy castle donated already. We have had a second bouncy castle and a miniature bouncy castle for younger children donated, we just require power. We have agreed to have the smaller bouncy castle for the younger children. Once Jaimie knows exactly what is on offer Sumo suits, etc, will be confirmed, if required. Jaimie also needs to confirm that companies have their own insurance.

Coordinator

Jaimie Sealey
07806 092648
jaimie.sealey@westexegroup.co.uk

Raffle

Due to the cost of ticket printing, licencing laws, and the cost of sponsorship to enter, it was agreed that we will not be holding a ticket selling raffle, but will hold a “buy a square” type raffle on the day. Prize donations are still required.

Coordinators

Marie Morgan
07841840245

Anne Cassidy
07977 093208
anntony@blueyonder.co.uk

Tombola

On going. We are asking for donations and prizes, and Simon is to ask at the committee meeting for every team in the club to donate 2 prizes.

Coordinator

Janine Endicott
07891 712355

Charity Coordinator

All done. We have authorisation for logo usage and charity numbers, etc.

Coordinators

Becky Endicott
07782 194327
rendicottb@aol.com

Marilyn Wood
07570 805796
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Treasurer

It was agreed to save costs we will use the Fez Army bank account, and Sean will ensure all money is kept separate. If bank and account details are needed contact Sean directly, but cheques are preferable, so that he can keep a record. All cheques made payable to “Keep Calm and Wear a Fez”.

Coordinator

Sean Partridge
07816 924571
sjpartridge@hotmail.co.uk

Sponsorship

Simon has devised a letter. Please forward this on to anyone you think may be able to help – or amend to suit your requirements. This letter will be passed to the club committee at the next meeting.

Coordinator

Simon Wellaway
07909 535968

PR, Social Media & Photographer

The Express and Echo will be running a story on Harry, which is ongoing and will involve the charity day. Sharon has sourced a photographer but would like three so they can work in stints throughout the day. Two names were suggested; these will be followed up by the relevant members. We will also put a note on all sponsor forms, and have a sign on entry to the field, regarding photography being used.

Coordinator

Sharon Ewart
07809 560630
sharonewart@virgin.net

Flyers, Printing, Programmes & Certificates

One company has been really helpful and offered 50% off printing. Once we know exactly what is required we will offer them an advertising package to see if this can be reduced even further.

Coordinator

Jaimie Sealey
07806 092648
jaimie.sealey@westexegroup.co.uk

Leaflet Drop Coordinator

It was decided that we will not be doing a leaflet drop, but Neil is mapping an area of shops and pubs west of the Exe and Tedburn to advertise the event. This will include team participation for distribution, as we will also be offering advertising opportunities.

Coordinator

Neil Woods
07428 642178
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Toilets & Power

Speedy hire have been really helpful and once George has confirmed requirements they will see what they can offer. The under 9s also have a parent who runs a hire company who have said we can have whatever we want – which will allow us to offer an advertising package. There is a minimum number of toilets required per person at an event. It was agreed we should cater for 500 at a time, so they can now be sourced.

Coordinator

George Ewart
07809 560631
sharonewart@virgin.net

Referees

Ray has a long list of volunteering referees for the day, and Ray will arrange a timetable for them once the matches have been decided. They will have free parking and will be paid in burgers and coffee.

Coordinator

Ray McMackin
07968 289762
raymondmcmackin@aol.co.uk

Music, Stage Events, School Orchestra & Bands

Simon has contacted Dave Parsons at West Exe school and they are looking at what is possible. Simon is also investigating whether we need an outside broadcasting licence, or if we can use the school’s.

Coordinator

Simon Partridge
07788 656430
sym30@hotmail.co.uk

Celebrities

ECFC have been contacted and have agreed in principle that hey could send players to the event; however most players are out of contract at that time so this cannot be forced upon them – so discussions are ongoing. TV, radio and other celebrities are still being sourced. Sean Partridge has been tasked to find David James’ contact details, if possible.

Coordinator

Nicky Lee
07786 321870
lee.nicky@live.com

Marquees

Ali has contacted a few companies, and is waiting for them to come back to her.

Coordinator

Ali Taylor
07981 297395
alitaylor@sky.com

Police

Duncan is speaking to Nick Taylor.

Coordinator

Nick Taylor
07889 345609

Temporary Events Licence

Sharon is on this.

Coordinator

Sharon Ewart
07809 560630
sharonewart@virgin.net

Face Painting

Stephen Blain is speaking to someone he knows who does this.

Date of next meeting

Sunday 28th February 7pm

Please try to encourage as many donations and sponsorship/advertising opportunities for all of the above items. If you know someone who knows someone, or have a friend of a friend who may be able to help or offer to supply anything for any of the above items, please, please, please contact the relevant coordinator as soon as possible, as we would prefer to advertise and support friends of the football club.

Please remember, this is for a fantastic cause to help fight against such a terrible disease which has affected us all, and to help support Harry during his fight.

Thank you all in advance,

Simon Partridge
West Exe YFC Head Coach
07788 656430
simon.partridge@westexeyouthfootball.org.uk

Neil Popham

Neil is the West Exe Youth Football Club webmonkey. He maintains our website and advises on Internet communications. His son, Jasper, plays in the Under 10s. He probably gets a little too over-excited during tense games, which is pretty much all of them involving his son.