Charity day details

Date

Sunday 22nd May, 9:30am until 6:30pm

Venue

Tedburn St. Mary Football Club, Barley Park, Five Mile Hill, Exeter, Devon EX6 6AE

Tedburn St. Mary Football Club

Details

Below you’ll find links to some of the useful information we have posted about the day so far.

If you can’t see a link to what you are after it may be worth viewing a list of all posts tagged “Charity”, which will include all the posts made so far (these are just the really important ones).

Volunteers

Would you like to volunteer to help on the day?

Travel

Car sharing

Can you offer someone a lift, or do you need help getting to the venue?

Car parking

Are you driving to the event and need to know about parking?

Schedule

Do you need to know when you’re taking part in the world record attempt, or when you’re playing in the all day match?

Dogs

Want to know if you can bring your dog? Sorry, but the answer is no.

Raffle

Do you want to know where to buy more tickets, and where to hand in your ticket money?

Do you want to see some of the many prizes up for offer in the raffle?

The Flyer

Charity Day A4 Flyer

Final charity day meeting

As discussed at the last meeting we have arranged our final meeting before the big day this Sunday 8th May at Tedburn St Mary FC.

Address: Barley Park, Tedburn St Mary, EX6 6AE

The meeting will commence at 6pm, so please be there on time.

I just want to have a quick update around the room, to ensure everyone is on target and happy with their responsibilities, and also offer information on how many volunteers will be required for the day, and at what times, so we can pass to the club committee for volunteers.

It is therefore very important that everybody involved with the running of the day is present please. This will then allow everyone to offer any opinions or advice, while still giving us time to change things if necessary.

Please can you all pass this message on to anybody who will be involved with the running of the day (including the farmer please Jaimie and Darren).

We are now only just over 2 weeks away so starting to get scary now, very real, so I would appreciate you all making the most effort possible to invite the right people and to inform them of how important this is to us as a club.

If you know of anyone who has not been invited please let me know so I can include them, but also please invite them if required.

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to seeing you all at 6pm on Sunday May 8th at Tedburn.

Simon Partridge
West Exe YFC Head Coach
07788 656430
simon.partridge@westexeyouthfootball.org.uk

Charity day schedule

Just so you are aware I have now finalised the teams and running order for the charity day programme and have passed to the printers.

Please see details below of what time your team are due to play and also what time your assistance is required for the world record attempt.

Please can you all update your parents, players all opponents accordingly with both bits of information.

Also, we are still looking for volunteers to help on the day. Please contact me if you can help out in any way on the day. Many thanks.

Match times

Games are scheduled to be 7-a-side.

The idea for the day for the matches is we have continuous play for the matches with no stopping. Please can you ensure your team and your opponents are present and ready to play at your allocated time slot.

Start Finish Pitch Hosts Guests
9:30am 10:30am 1 & 2 Under 7’s Broadclyst & Heavitree
10:30am 11:30am 1 & 2 Under 9’s KM United & Alphington
11:30am 12:30pm 1 & 2 Under 10’s Whipton & Alphington
12:30pm 1:30pm Coaches Fancy Dress Match: Heroes vs Villians
1:30pm 2:50pm 1 Under 11’s Themselves
1:30pm 2:50pm 2 Under 12’s Heavitree
2:50pm 4:10pm 1 & 2 Under 14’s City Raider & Newton Knights
4:10pm 5:30pm 1 & 2 Under 15’s Heavitree & Alphington
5:30pm 6:30pm 1 Under 15 Girls Seaton Girls
5:30pm 6:30pm 2 Under 18 Girls Seaton Girls

Coaches fancy dress match

I have split the teams and tried to avoid managers and assistants being on the same team where possible.

With the exception of Kenny and Winnie, who we all know are villains anyway, please note there is no defamation of character intended for which team you have been placed in.

Please can you ensure you all wear appropriate fancy dress (this is compulsory) for the match, according to your team kit requirements.

The changing rooms will be available for the day to change into your costumes accordingly before and after the match.

The match will be 7 a-side so the managers will be able to make tactical changes.

Mike Mullarkey will be officiating to ensure that the villains do not cheat their way to victory.

Now you know your teams, if you wish to get into training or discuss tactics I would suggest contacting your appropriate managers.

Here are the teams:

Heroes

Manager
Harry ‘Superman’ Endicott

  • Duncan ‘Have a go hero’ Worthington (in goal)
  • Brian ‘Tiny Hero’ Sheppey
  • George ‘Silver Shadow’ Ewart
  • Neil ‘X-Ray Vision’ Wood
  • Mike ‘Bionic’ Sealey
  • Wayne ‘Tinkerman’ Taylor
  • Darren ‘Macman’ MacPherson
  • Mark ‘The Higman’ O’Higgins
  • Steve ‘Trojan’  Turney
  • Simon ‘Fatbloke’ Partridge
  • Ray ‘Still got it’ McMackin

Villains

Manager
Tony ‘Lex Luther’ Endicott

  • Sean ‘Insane in the main brain’ Partridge (in goal)
  • Graham ‘Chopper’ Chave
  • James ‘The Hacker’ Haggar
  • Simon ‘Fart a Lot’ Farley
  • Ali ‘Headbutt’ Taylor
  • Damien ‘Psycho’ Murray
  • Andrew ‘Come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough’ Winteridge
  • Kenny ‘Where’s your tool?’ Ware
  • Steve ‘Scarface’ Carter
  • Stephen ‘The Bouncer’ Blaine

Guinness world record attempt

The idea for the day for the world record attempt is for continuous penalties to be taken. This is very strict so please can you ensure your team and your opponents are present and ready to take part at your allocated time slot.

The world record attempt area is right next to the pitches so there will be no down time in transferring to the pitch.

As there will be four teams participating at the same time for the world record attempt we will use the participating team goal keepers on a rotation basis so they will also get to take penalties as well as try and save them.

Start Finish Team
9:30am 10:30am Under 9’s
10:30am 11:30am Under 10’s
11:30am 12:30pm Under 7’s
12:30pm 1:30pm Under 11’s & Under 12’s
1:30pm 2:50pm Under 14’s
2:50pm 4:10pm Under 15’s
4:10pm 5:30pm Under 15 Girls & Under 18 Girls

Kind regards,

Simon Partridge
West Exe YFC Head Coach
07788 656430
simon.partridge@westexeyouthfootball.org.uk

Charity Day committee meeting #3 (email only)

Hello all,

I have spoken to a few of the charity day volunteers and on a positive note, everything seems to be in hand and moving along quite well.

Because of this I though it best not to have a meeting, for the sake of it, this Sunday and attempt to update via e-mail…

There will be no meeting Sunday 28th February so please pass the message on.

Please, please, please remember, when asking anybody for donations of any kind, be it for sponsorship, raffle or tombola, or when asking for equipment to assist with the day of sweets and drinks, we have some fantastic sponsorship deals available as a thank you.

If anybody offers a voucher or goods to the value of anything over £25, up to £500, we can say thank you to them by offering them an advertising package in return.

I hope this e-mail committee meeting works, by you all replying to the group, but please do shout if anybody is struggling with any of their tasks as there are lots of people willing to help.

Thank you all for your efforts so far,

Simon Partridge
West Exe YFC Head Coach
07788 656430
simon.partridge@westexeyouthfootball.org.uk

Charity Day committee meeting #2

We have now had our second meeting, please see notes below.

Car Parking

Darren has spoken to the farmer and has arranged usage of the field opposite which will hold approximately 500 vehicles. He is also working out the number of volunteers needed for the day.

Coordinator

Darren Littlejohns
07863 820467
darren138@live.co.uk

Football Match Day

Simon will be speaking to the managers at the next committee meeting and obtaining a list of opposition and their contact details, which will allow him to plan a running order for the day. Simon will also discuss the £15 sponsorship per player at the committee meeting again.

Coordinator

Simon Partridge
07788 656430
sym30@hotmail.co.uk

Health & Safety/ Public Liability

In hand and ongoing. Once everything has been confirmed we will need to complete a risk assessment. Tedburn then need to risk assess our assessment, as it is their land. Both of these will include confirmation that the relevant insurance is in place.

Coordinator

Duncan Worthington (Club Committee) and Tedburn FC
07850 605763
Duncan.worthington@flybe.com

World Record

Matt has looked at various suggestions and we have settled on consecutive penalty taking over the 12 hours. He will now send in the relevant paperwork and application.

Coordinator

Mat Morgan
07817 909634
matgmorgan@gmail.com

Hot Food

Sean has volunteers sorted for the day. Some suppliers have been contacted, including butchers and Sainsburys, who have assured some kind of assistance; however more are needed. The Kings in Cowick Street have donated their 4-burner BBQ, and with 3 other gas BBQs we will not need to hire any equipment for the day – except gas which needs to be sourced.

Coordinator

Sean Partridge
07816 924571
sjpartridge@hotmail.co.uk

Cold Catering (sweets, cakes, etc.)

Volunteers all sorted for the day. There have been lots of volunteers offering to donate cakes for the stall. Sweets, drinks and snacks still need to be sourced. A suggestion was made that we all should contact our local corner shops for donations and offer match ball sponsorship in return.

Coordinators

Marilyn Wood
07570 805796
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Becky Endicott
07782 194327
rendicottb@aol.com

Games Coordinator

All going well. Games have been decided. We are going to have “cross bar challenge”, “wet sponge the coach”, a “penalty shoot-out target board”, and a “golf football challenge” – this will be located on pitch 2 by the bank, to stop stray balls. Prizes and prices for these need to be decided.

Coordinator

George Ewart
07809 560631
sharonewart@virgin.net

Bouncy Castle & Sumo

We have had a bouncy castle donated already. We have had a second bouncy castle and a miniature bouncy castle for younger children donated, we just require power. We have agreed to have the smaller bouncy castle for the younger children. Once Jaimie knows exactly what is on offer Sumo suits, etc, will be confirmed, if required. Jaimie also needs to confirm that companies have their own insurance.

Coordinator

Jaimie Sealey
07806 092648
jaimie.sealey@westexegroup.co.uk

Raffle

Due to the cost of ticket printing, licencing laws, and the cost of sponsorship to enter, it was agreed that we will not be holding a ticket selling raffle, but will hold a “buy a square” type raffle on the day. Prize donations are still required.

Coordinators

Marie Morgan
07841840245

Anne Cassidy
07977 093208
anntony@blueyonder.co.uk

Tombola

On going. We are asking for donations and prizes, and Simon is to ask at the committee meeting for every team in the club to donate 2 prizes.

Coordinator

Janine Endicott
07891 712355

Charity Coordinator

All done. We have authorisation for logo usage and charity numbers, etc.

Coordinators

Becky Endicott
07782 194327
rendicottb@aol.com

Marilyn Wood
07570 805796
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Treasurer

It was agreed to save costs we will use the Fez Army bank account, and Sean will ensure all money is kept separate. If bank and account details are needed contact Sean directly, but cheques are preferable, so that he can keep a record. All cheques made payable to “Keep Calm and Wear a Fez”.

Coordinator

Sean Partridge
07816 924571
sjpartridge@hotmail.co.uk

Sponsorship

Simon has devised a letter. Please forward this on to anyone you think may be able to help – or amend to suit your requirements. This letter will be passed to the club committee at the next meeting.

Coordinator

Simon Wellaway
07909 535968

PR, Social Media & Photographer

The Express and Echo will be running a story on Harry, which is ongoing and will involve the charity day. Sharon has sourced a photographer but would like three so they can work in stints throughout the day. Two names were suggested; these will be followed up by the relevant members. We will also put a note on all sponsor forms, and have a sign on entry to the field, regarding photography being used.

Coordinator

Sharon Ewart
07809 560630
sharonewart@virgin.net

Flyers, Printing, Programmes & Certificates

One company has been really helpful and offered 50% off printing. Once we know exactly what is required we will offer them an advertising package to see if this can be reduced even further.

Coordinator

Jaimie Sealey
07806 092648
jaimie.sealey@westexegroup.co.uk

Leaflet Drop Coordinator

It was decided that we will not be doing a leaflet drop, but Neil is mapping an area of shops and pubs west of the Exe and Tedburn to advertise the event. This will include team participation for distribution, as we will also be offering advertising opportunities.

Coordinator

Neil Woods
07428 642178
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Toilets & Power

Speedy hire have been really helpful and once George has confirmed requirements they will see what they can offer. The under 9s also have a parent who runs a hire company who have said we can have whatever we want – which will allow us to offer an advertising package. There is a minimum number of toilets required per person at an event. It was agreed we should cater for 500 at a time, so they can now be sourced.

Coordinator

George Ewart
07809 560631
sharonewart@virgin.net

Referees

Ray has a long list of volunteering referees for the day, and Ray will arrange a timetable for them once the matches have been decided. They will have free parking and will be paid in burgers and coffee.

Coordinator

Ray McMackin
07968 289762
raymondmcmackin@aol.co.uk

Music, Stage Events, School Orchestra & Bands

Simon has contacted Dave Parsons at West Exe school and they are looking at what is possible. Simon is also investigating whether we need an outside broadcasting licence, or if we can use the school’s.

Coordinator

Simon Partridge
07788 656430
sym30@hotmail.co.uk

Celebrities

ECFC have been contacted and have agreed in principle that hey could send players to the event; however most players are out of contract at that time so this cannot be forced upon them – so discussions are ongoing. TV, radio and other celebrities are still being sourced. Sean Partridge has been tasked to find David James’ contact details, if possible.

Coordinator

Nicky Lee
07786 321870
lee.nicky@live.com

Marquees

Ali has contacted a few companies, and is waiting for them to come back to her.

Coordinator

Ali Taylor
07981 297395
alitaylor@sky.com

Police

Duncan is speaking to Nick Taylor.

Coordinator

Nick Taylor
07889 345609

Temporary Events Licence

Sharon is on this.

Coordinator

Sharon Ewart
07809 560630
sharonewart@virgin.net

Face Painting

Stephen Blain is speaking to someone he knows who does this.

Date of next meeting

Sunday 28th February 7pm

Please try to encourage as many donations and sponsorship/advertising opportunities for all of the above items. If you know someone who knows someone, or have a friend of a friend who may be able to help or offer to supply anything for any of the above items, please, please, please contact the relevant coordinator as soon as possible, as we would prefer to advertise and support friends of the football club.

Please remember, this is for a fantastic cause to help fight against such a terrible disease which has affected us all, and to help support Harry during his fight.

Thank you all in advance,

Simon Partridge
West Exe YFC Head Coach
07788 656430
simon.partridge@westexeyouthfootball.org.uk

Charity day catch-up

Now Christmas is out the way I am hoping we can focus a little more on the charity day, so I have booked the back room of the Royal Oak again for Sunday 17th January for a catch up, to see how everybody is getting on with their allocated jobs and see if anybody needs to discuss anything further.

I am hoping for a 7pm start so for those that are involved please try and make it.  Coaches and parents are also extremely welcome.

Thanks very much and I hope to see you all next Sunday.

Simon Partridge
West Exe YFC Head Coach
07788 656430
simon.partridge@westexeyouthfootball.org.uk

Charity Day Coordinators

We have successfully had our first charity day committee meeting and I would just like to say a massive thank you to all of those that volunteered to help put the idea into action. We had an amazing turnout of people and jobs for the event have been allocated.

Below is a list of the jobs required, with the description of what that person will be responsible for along with the job coordinator and their contact details.

Car Parking

Darren will be dealing with car parking on the day. This will include liaising with Tedburn St Mary FC and the local farmer to hire a field for parking. Darren will also be coordinating car park attendants on the day on a rota ensuring we have enough people throughout the day. This will require volunteers on the day for assistance.

Coordinator

Darren Littlejohns
07863 820467
darren138@live.co.uk

Football Match Day

Simon will be coordinating the football side of the day including playing format, timings and playing order. Simon will also be liaising will all club managers collating information of their opposition on the day. Simon will require volunteers on the day for registration and to ensure teams are ready for rolling change overs ensuring no break in play during matches.

Coordinator

Simon Partridge
07788 656430
sym30@hotmail.co.uk

Health & Safety/ Public Liability

This will include risk assessments for the day, and ensuring we have the relevant insurance and licensing in place for the event. Rod Hawker to check Tedburn lease.

Coordinator

Duncan Worthington (Club Committee) and Tedburn FC
07850 605763
Duncan.worthington@flybe.com

World Record

Matt will be looking into what world records can be attempted on the day. Volunteers will be required on the day to help organise these attempts.

Coordinator

Mat Morgan
07817 909634
matgmorgan@gmail.com

Hot Food

Sean will be contacting companies to hire cooking equipment including serving tables, BBQ and gas for the day. He will also be organising the purchasing of hot food and supplies. Sean will require volunteers on the day for a cooking rota.

Coordinator

Sean Partridge
07816 924571
sjpartridge@hotmail.co.uk

Cold Catering (sweets, cakes, etc.)

We will be having a cold food, sweets and snack stall. Marilyn and Becky will require serving/display tables as well as purchasing sweets. Cakes are required (hopefully on a donation basis) and they will require volunteers on the day on a serving rota.

Coordinators

Marilyn Wood
07570 805796
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Becky Endicott
07782 194327
rendicottb@aol.com

Games Coordinator

George will be making a ‘wet sponge the coach’ and a ‘penalty shoot-out target board’ and organising a speed football shooting range. George will require equipment and materials as well as volunteers to make these items. He will also require volunteers on the day to run each of these stalls on a rota basis.

Coordinator

George Ewart
07809 560631
sharonewart@virgin.net

Bouncy Castle & Sumo

Jaimie will be contacting local companies that can supply these items. Jaimie will also require volunteers on the day to run these stalls on a rota basis.

Coordinator

Jaimie Sealey
07806 092648
jaimie.sealey@westexegroup.co.uk

Raffle

Marie and Anne will be contacting local business’s asking for large prize donations for a raffle. They will also be ensuring that we have all relevant licenses allowing for this. They will also be arranging for raffle tickets to be printed and distributed to be sold throughout the club. The draw for this will be held at Crealy during our end of season presentation.

Coordinators

Marie Morgan
07841840245

Anne Cassidy
07977 093208
anntony@blueyonder.co.uk

Tombola

Janine will be organising a Tombola stand on the day. She will be requesting donations for this from all teams in the club. Janine will also require volunteers on the day to run the stall on a rota basis.

Coordinator

Janine Endicott
07891 712355

Charity Coordinator

Becky and Marilyn will be liaising with CLIC, Force and The Fez Army ensuring we have their approval to show their logo’s on all our paraphernalia. They will also be inviting and asking if any of the charities can attend and assist on the day and if they would like to have a stall on the day to sell any items.

Coordinators

Becky Endicott
07782 194327
rendicottb@aol.com

Marilyn Wood
07570 805796
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Treasurer

Sean will be collecting, recording and banking all monies raised before, during and after the event. Sean will also be setting up an account for the event keeping all money raised separate from club funds.

Coordinator

Sean Partridge
07816 924571
sjpartridge@hotmail.co.uk

Sponsorship

Simon will be contacting local business offering them the opportunity to sponsor individual matches and or match balls for each match. There are also opportunities for companies to advertise in the programme. Simon will need to ensure that all company information is collated and recorded including any company logos as we will be printing this information in the programme so need to ensure they are correct.

Coordinator

Simon Wellaway
07909 535968

PR, Social Media & Photographer

Sharon will be contacting local and national newspapers and magazines, local radio and T.V. stations to help promote the event. Sharon will also be advertising and exposing the event on social media. Sharon will also be looking to source a photographer for the event.

Coordinator

Sharon Ewart
07809 560630
sharonewart@virgin.net

Flyers, Printing, Programmes & Certificates

Jaimie will be responsible for the design of the flyers and leaflets to advertise the event, sponsor forms and match day participation certificates. Jaimie will also be contacting local companies to print these. Jaimie will also be responsible for the days programme, design, layout and printing. This will require liaising with Simon Wellaway who is organising sponsorship.

Coordinator

Jaimie Sealey
07806 092648
jaimie.sealey@westexegroup.co.uk

Leaflet Drop Coordinator

Neil will be responsible for planning street routes for the players to leaflet drop in the local St Thomas, Alphington and Tedburn St Mary areas. Players and parents from the club will be responsible for delivering.

Coordinator

Neil Woods
07428 642178
woodsy100@blueyonder.co.uk

Toilets & Power

George will be responsible to ensure there are male, female and disabled portable loos as well as a generator to power ancillary equipment for the event. George will be contacting local firms to arrange the best deal.

Coordinator

George Ewart
07809 560631
sharonewart@virgin.net

Referees

Ray will be responsible to ensure that we have adequate referees for the day. Ray will also be coordinating them on the day ensuring that all matches have cover

Coordinator

Ray McMackin
07968 289762
raymondmcmackin@aol.co.uk

Music, Stage Events, School Orchestra & Bands

Simon will be arranging the hire of a stage and PA system for the day. Simon will also be contacting the school to offer the stage for the school orchestra, band and any student artist usage. This can also be used by local radio or local band usage if required. Simon will require volunteers on the day ensuring that the stage event time table is kept on schedule.

Coordinator

Simon Partridge
07788 656430
sym30@hotmail.co.uk

Celebrities

Nicky will be contacting local celebrities to offer them an invite to the event. This will include ECFC, PAFC and Exeter Chief players as well as any other local TV, music and radio celebrities.

Nicky will require volunteers for the day to help meet and greet these people and helping with any photo opportunities.

Coordinator

Nicky Lee
07786 321870
lee.nicky@live.com

Marquees

Due to the unpredictable weather in May, Ali will be contacting local companies to arrange the best deal for marquee hire for the day.

Coordinator

Ali Taylor
07981 297395
alitaylor@sky.com

Police

Nick will be liaising with the local police to ensure they are aware of the event including informing them of the additional traffic on the day. Nick will then liaise with the club with any restrictions which may be implemented.

Coordinator

Nick Taylor
07889 345609

Temporary Events Licence

Sharon will be contacting the local district council for Tedburn ensuring we have all relevant licences and paperwork to hold the event.

Coordinator

Sharon Ewart
07809 560630
sharonewart@virgin.net

 

We will by trying to encourage as many donations and sponsorship/advertising opportunities for all of the above items. If you know, know someone who knows someone or have a friend of a friend who may be able to help or offer to supply anything for any of the above items, please, please, please contact the relevant coordinator as soon as possible as we would prefer to advertise and support friends of the football club.

Please remember, this is for a fantastic cause to help fight against such a terrible disease which has affected us all, and to help support Harry during his fight.

Thank you all in advance,

Simon Partridge
West Exe YFC Head Coach
07788 656430
simon.partridge@westexeyouthfootball.org.uk

Please can I say a massive thank you to all of you who supported me through October where I went sober for a month, to help raise some money for Harry to pass onto his charities of choice.

For those of you that know me, I have been known to enjoy a tipple now and again, so staying sober for a month was challenging, but nothing compared to the challenges Harry is facing at the moment.

With your kind donations, I managed to raise over £500 pounds which is staggering.

On behalf of Harry and myself, we would both like to thank you once again.

Simon Partridge

FORCE and CLIC Sargent Charity Day

Cancer has no doubt affected us all in one way or another and our football club is no different. West Exe YFC has been hurt emotionally with friends and family contracting this horrible disease and now I am saddened to say, it has now directly affected one of our own teenage players.

I think you will agree this should not be part of any child’s life so to help fight this disease West Exe YFC will be organising a charity day.

We are aiming to help raise funds for three very needy causes. One is our own football club, and two charities very close to the heart of our afflicted football club’s son Harry, FORCE Cancer Charity (and the Fez Army) and CLIC Sargent for children with Cancer.

We have a number of ideas including, 2 x 12 hour continuous football matches (with all teams in the club participating), a fancy dress coach’s match, the usual food and drink as well as a fête-style theme and also Guinness World Record Attempts.

The committee has agreed that every team from the club from all age groups will be involved in participating on the day, and involved with matches, and your manager will be giving all the information closer to the time when arrangements have been made.

So, what has this got to do with you I hear you ask?

Firstly, please try to keep the date free, Sunday May 22nd 2016, as your child will be required at the event being held at Barley Park, Tedburn St Mary. Please also ask all friends and relatives to keep this date free, as they will all be invited as well.

Secondarily, we are looking for volunteers, helpers, and more ideas on how to put this event together. Please note, this will be the very first time the club we all love has organised anything like this, and it will require a huge amount of manpower and help.

If you think you may be able to help in any way at all, or have any ideas on how we can raise more funds, please speak with you manager or contact me (contact details below).

We are looking for people that can help organise the event from start to finish, people to assist with anything and everything from fund raising ideas, printing, raffle organising, business sponsorship and donations, exposure for the event and judges for our cake contest, as well as organising and managing helpers to volunteer on the day to make teas and coffees, so every little helps.

This event will take a huge amount of organising and the more people we have involved, the more chance there is that we will pull it off. If executed well, we could end up with loads of money for the club and our nominated charities to help fight Cancer.

It has been suggested we have set up a sub-committee so will be holding our first meeting on Sunday 15th November being held at the Royal Oak pub in Okehampton Street, starting at 19:30 in the back room.

If you feel you can bring anything to assist with the setting up and organising of this event, or just wish to put your hand up to assist with offering your spare time to help (or just fancy a pint on a Sunday evening) then please come along.

This meeting will be about putting ideas on the table and deciding what can and cannot be achieved and then suitable jobs will be allocated from there for all volunteers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards

Simon Partridge
West Exe YFC Head Coach
simon.partridge@westexeyouthfootball.org.uk